I provide a one-to-one mentoring service for writers either face-to-face or virtually. This is tailored to the needs of the individual, and sessions usually last for one hour with an additional hour’s worth of writing critique included in the fee. Writers have used mentoring for the following purposes:
- To guide them through a longer writing project, at any point or for the whole process, from concept to publication
- To assist them with developing a particular skill or skills
- To ‘unblock’ a writing project and get it back on track
- To deliver a writing project within a fixed time period
- To get published by a commercial publisher
- To self-publish and/or successfully market a self-published book
- Dissertation and academic writing.
Sessions aim to review progress, encourage, provide feedback, impart knowledge and set achievable writing targets.
I was delighted to work with Sally Herbert on her stunning new book, The Missing Pieces of Mum, an absorbing and moving memoir.
This book is widely available but please click on the link to find out more.